The Tanzania Jiu-Jitsu Federation is the official governing body of the sport of Jiu-Jitsu in Tanzania and Zanzibar, approved by the Ministry of Sports in Tanzania and the Sports Council of Tanzania.
To work towards creating a supportive and motivating sports environment to achieve excellence and global competitiveness in Jiu-Jitsu sports.
To make the Tanzania Jiu-Jitsu Federation a leading organization and a symbol for Jiu-Jitsu sports in Africa and globally.
The Tanzania Jiu-Jitsu Federation strives to promote, organize, popularize and regulate the sport of Ju-Jitsu as incorporated by the General Council.
Jiu-Jitsu involves the development of the spirit, mind and body through the development of technical and moral skills, building leadership and discipline.
The objectives of the Federation shall be as follows:
a) To organize, promote and manage the sport of Jiu-Jitsu and it’s disciplines being incorporated in Tanzania.
b) To promote the information affiliated associations/organizations.
C) To coordinate and control activities in respect of Jiu Jitsu, in all ways including the holding of tournaments and organization at National and International competitions for senior and junior Men, women under the rules of Jiu Jitsu International Federation (JJIF), as well as the Council of East & Central Africa Jiu-Jitsu Federations (CECAJJF).
Tanzania Jiu-Jitsu Federation undertakes to continuously develop and improve the quality management system, in accordance with the requirements of the government, in addition to other Legal and regulatory requirements governing the work; and this is through the ongoing review of the objectives, evaluating the performance, measuring the results and ensuring that the requirements and expectations of the clients are being met and exceeded. Also, Tanzania Jiu-Jitsu Federation undertakes to:
· Contribute to the building of a strong generation having the ability to defend themselves.
· Provide a competitive environment and prepare the champions to compete internationally based on the best international standards.
· Spread the culture of Jiu Jitsu, as well as the healthy culture, through the activities conducted by Tanzania Jiu-Jitsu Federation.
· Achieve the athletic excellence through establishing effective partnerships locally, regionally and internationally.
· Manage the human, financial and technical resources effectively.